Broadcast Scholarship Program
If you are interested in an exciting and challenging career in television, here is an opportunity to help fund your education. WPTY/WLMT invites you to apply for its annual Broadcast Scholarship. Each year a University of Memphis student will be awarded $2,000. The scholarship is to be used to defray college expenses incurred while earning a communications related degree.
Funds will be made payable to The University of Memphis.
- To apply, you must have completed 60 credits as of October 1st.
- You must have an academic record that is above average.
- You must be majoring in broadcasting, journalism, communications or a related field
- Previous WPTY/WLMT scholarship winners are not eligible
The deadline for application submission is at 5 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2012.
Complete the application form and mail with the following materials to:
WPTY/WLMT-TV Broadcast Scholarship
c/o WPTY TV
Union Ave. Ext.
Memphis, TN 38112
The following items must be included to be considered:
- Completed application
- Academic transcript
- Two brief letters of recommendation
- One page statement of why you are pursuing a career in broadcasting