MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - An elderly woman died after a morning house fire in the Frayser area on December 12, 2011.
The Memphis Fire Department were called to the 3700-block of Belleau Dr off St Elmo Ave just before 8:30am. The fire was brought under control within about 15 minutes.
While doing a search of the home, firefighters found an 81-year old woman in the bathroom. The victim, later identified as Sarah Richardson, was transported to The MED in critical condition and died a short time later.
Two firefighters were also treated at Methodist North Hospital for minor injuries sustained while fighting the fire.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction in the den area of the home.