MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - A Memphis firefighter was taken to the Burn Unit at The MED after an early morning house fire in the East Memphis area on January 2, 2012.
The Memphis Fire Department was called to a house fire Tangleberry Cove near Poplar Pike and Kirby just before 6:00am. The fire was knocked down by about 6:45am. One firefighter received 2nd degree burns to his hand and a 1st degree burn on his face. He was transported to The MED in non-critical condition.
No other injuries were reported.
The fire was caused by a faulty light fixture in a bedroom.