MEMPHIS, TN (abc24.com) - An explosion in a Southwest Tennessee Community College chemistry lab on Wednesday, November 9, 2011, around 12:00 p.m. injured at least two students and one professor.
The accident happened on the Union Avenue campus of the school.
Authorities with STCC tell abc24.com that the fiery, mushroom explosion was the result of combining two finicky chemicals.
Several people were injured with two students suffering body burns and the instructor with a glass cut in his arm. Another student was injured, but the extent of that injury is unknown.
The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.