GERMANTOWN, TN (abc24.com) - Parts of a shopping center in Germantown were evacuated Wednesday afternoon due to high carbon monoxide levels.
Approximately 20-30 people were evacuated from nine businesses, and three people were transported to the hospital.
According to the Germantown Police Department, the cause was determined to be a water heater vent behind a Chili's Restaurant. Although the restaurant did not need to be evacuated, it has closed until repairs are made and is expected to reopen at 11 a.m. on Thursday, September 6.
The heater was shut off and the Germantown Fire Department monitored the gas levels to make sure they safely dissipated.